This will be the 3rd year in a row we hike this trail for the New Year Kick Off. Why? It’s close to Atlanta, less than 5 miles, and easy. Starting at 10:30am—enjoy sleeping in a little 🙂
Trail Details & Directions here: $5 parking, 4.8 miles, easy. Close to town. What’s Your Excuse? Get started the New Year Moving Your Fanny and enjoy the benefits of nature. Wear appropriate close and that’s all!!!
RSVP to the event here to not miss updates.
GPS Coordinate: 33.571550, -84.713350
***Read this entire message
– I encourage you eat a healthy breakfast before the hike! Do not underestimate the energy needed here. Plus, you don’t eat, you store fat, and will lack energy to enjoy it!
– If you’re coffee drinker, skip it, join us, and you enjoy energy that hiking will bring to you.
1) Bring a smile and good attitude for great times
2) Be on Time (time above is at the location)
3) Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- This event is open to health/fitness & nature fans! If you are not ‘Friends’ with ‘Maria Horstmann’, chances are I do not know you. Introduce yourself, how did you hear about it, reasons to join the event, and picture/face portrait.
- For better cardiovascular workout and increased challenge to abs and legs, add weight to your backpack! Give 5 lbs a try!
- What to bring/wear: wear appropriate cloth for the wear. Dress in layer so you need to take a piece or two out, it’s easy. gloves and hand warmers if you get cloth easy.
- Wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes (otherwise non-slippery shoes), hiking poles (if you have them), cash for parking (may or not apply to this hike–see link).
- If you eat often, you might bring healthy snacks (fruits, hard boil eggs, nuts, etc.). It will be a 2 hours hike + drive time
- Be Fab, Be You! kick started bi-weekly hikes on 11/02/14. Why? I put a training program for myself prior to my awesome 6-day Grand Canyon backpacking trip I did for my 40th birthday in 2014. My goal is to provide people the opportunity to move their fanny, engage w/ mother nature, stay active throughout the year, stimulate body and mind, and broaden social network just to mention a few.
Cheers To A Healthy You,