Arabia Mountain: Arabia Lake, Boardwalk, & Summit Trail
– Hiking details & Directions: 5.1miles and approx 30min from Vinings—just for a point of reference. This is a Moderate Level hike–not recommended for beginners.
GPS Coordinates: 33.672095, -84.117488
Updates to the Hike and car pooling here: https://www.facebook.com/events/823091617790551/
– PLEASE, PLEASE HAVE a healthy and balanced breakfast before the hike (healthy carbs, fats, and protein)! Do not underestimate the energy needed here. Plus, you don’t eat, you store fat. Eat and have energy for good times!
1) Bring a smile and good attitude for great times
2) Be on Time
3) Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
– What to bring/wear: plenty of water, comfortable clothes, mosquito repellent, sun glasses, hat, hiking shoes (otherwise non-slippery shoes), hiking poles (if you have them), cash for parking (may or not apply to this hike–see link). You might consider bringing healthy snacks (fruits, hard boil eggs, nuts, etc.), dry shoes and a set of dry clothes for the drive back.
– For better cardiovascular workout and increased challenge to abs and legs, add weight to your backpack! Give 5 lbs a try!
– Learn more about the benefits of hiking: http://www.webmd.com/
– This event is open to health/fitness & nature fans! If you are not ‘Friends’ with ‘Maria Horstmann’ (my personal profile in FB), chances are I do not know you. In that case, please submit brief description of yourself, why you would like to join the event, and picture/face portrait