Whether you’re feeding yourself or a group, this dip is perfect for any occasion and for any eating event–breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack.
I LOVE avocados. They are on the very top of the list of my favorite foods. If you were to ask me to choose three foods to bring somewhere given that no other foods would be available for the rest of my life, I will say avocado, coconut, and hemp seeds.
Probably, you are shaking your head now. It’s OK 🤣
- 2 medium avocados (peeled and chopped)
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed (~15.5 oz can, organic beans are preferred)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Ground pepper (experiment with paprika and cayenne pepper)
- Assorted raw vegetables for dipping
In a blender, puree the chickpeas with the avocados, tahini and lemon juice for literally just a few seconds. Add the 1/2 cup of oil and puree until smooth or not. I like to taste the chunks so I blend for seconds only. Season with salt and pepper.
Put the dip to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with raw vegetables and chips.
Note that I did not even mention the number of servings. That’s because I am capable of eating this whole thing in 2 sittings 😲
Raw vegetables that will go really well with this dip are broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers,
As far as enjoying this dip with guilt-free nutrient-dense chips or crackers, I invite you to try my quinoa and chia cracker. Click here to view the recipe now.
Another idea is to use cabbage leaf, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, and jicama slices as a wrap or chip instead of typical vegetable dipping.