This yummy recipe is loaded with magnesium, a mineral a large percentage of the population is deficient. This chocolate smoothie is fast to prepare, tasty, and includes all macronutrients to fill you up!
Course: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
- 3 - 4 cups spinach (468 mg of Magnesium)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (384 mg of Magnesium)
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds (95.46 mg of Magnesium)
- 1 heaping teaspoon shitake mushroom powder (17.40 mg of Magnesium)
- 1/2 tsp kelp powder (31.5 mg of Magnesium)
- 1/2 small raw beet (gives beautiful red color)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 1-2 tsp favorite herb powders (i.e., ashwagandha, maca, alfalfa, etc)
Blend until creamy with 2 cups water.
This recipe was inspired by Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo's original recipe.
Also, check out my blog about the relationship between magnesium and depression HERE.