This is easy, fast, versatile, and nutrient dense breakfast, snack, lunch, or dinner. It is an anytime food for me.
- 0.5 cup Chia Seeds
- 4.5 cups Unsweetened coconut milk (or water or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 scoop Plant-base fitppl vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 scoop (~2g) Vega Electrolyte Hydrator powder (or add 2-3 drops of Stevia liquid for sweetener)
- 3 tbsp 100% cacao powder
- 1 Kiwi (chopped small pieces)
- 2 tbsp Goji berries
- 1 tbsp Raisins chopped small (dried without added sugar)
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
Add chia seeds and milk/water to a bowl and mix really well.
Add and mix all other ingredients, one at a time to the bowl with chia
Let it soak on the counter for 8 hours or in the fridge for 12 hours
Enjoy this energy packed, tasty, and healthy porridge meal!
Store leftover porridge up to 4 (four) days in the fridge.
You can let the chia and milk/water soak first and then add other ingredients before you are ready to eat.
I encourage you to NOT be shy and add and change fruits and ingredients. Just keep it balanced with plant-based and fairly unprocessed carbs, protein, and fats.
One of the reasons to feel safe 'playing' with ingredients is because chia does not taste anything. Add good to good and get 'gooder' 🙂
Oh by the way, if you have issues with gelatinous texture, you WILL NOT like chia porridge. Otherwise, it's heaven.