This recipe is simple, fast to prepare and super nutritious!
Cruciferous veggies help us not only cleanse our bodies and minds but also fuel us with fiber, vitamins C, E, and K. It also offers phytonutrients that may reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- 2 cups broccoli (stems are best) (38.22 mg of magnesium)
- 2 cups cauliflower (32.10 mg of magnesium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut (90 mg of magnesium)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds (768 mg of magnesium)
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp salt (Himalayan or Celtic sea salt)
- 1 tsp kelp powder (63 mg of magnesium)
Shred in a food processor and put in a bowl.
Sprinkle with salt or lemon juice and massage until softened.
Blend until creamy.
Pour over softened broccoli and cauliflower.
Feeling adventurous? Separate a portion of the recipe and play with seasonings. Try adding mixing other spices such as paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, and onion powder 🙂
Have Fun and Enjoy it!
If you have been diagnosed with thyroid issues, you may avoid consuming cruciferous vegetables raw. Goitrogens, natural chemicals in these foods, can interfere with thyroid hormone synthesis.
Does that mean you should not eat them? Nope. No reason to stop getting health benefits they offer. All you need to do is cook them–light steam will do it, to inactivate the goitrogens. It is a WIN-WIN!
Recipe Credit: Ritamarie Loscalzo