I rarely leave the house without healthy foods, especially healthy fats, and my favorite way to carry them is in my GoStak Container. I’ve had it for several months now and I love it!
I mainly use it to carry healthy fats, and that’s what I encourage my clients to do too. Healthy fats, like Omega-3 fatty acids that help fight inflammation, improve heart health, decrease hypertension, reduce depression, and so much more. And it’s a fact that the majority of us are not getting the Omega-3 fats we need.
But now you can fill your little GoStak with delicious Omega-3 whole foods and take it anywhere! Check out the yummy fats in my GoStak:
– Walnuts are good sources of Omega 3 fatty acids
– Brazil nuts: great source of selenium which is indispensable for thyroid health
– Pumpkin seeds: great source of zinc– essential for energy production
– Coconut [flakes]: healthy saturated fat with multiple benefits and two of my favorites are 1) compared to other fats, it gets converted quicker to energy; 2) when consumed with others fats, it enhances their absorption.
– Hemp seeds, great source of Omega 3 and protein, are part of my daily staple fats and often in my GoStak–I must have run out of it when I took this picture a few weeks ago 🙂
Omega-6 fatty acids are present in most processed and packaged foods, animal protein–greater amounts in conventional meats compared to pasture raised, grass fed, wild caught), most nuts, seeds, and oils so it’s much easier to get them into your diet. Click here for a list
with highest amounts of Omega-6.
The average American consumes a ratio of 20:1 of Omega-6 to Omega-3. The recommended ratio is 3:1. No wonder so many people are fighting inflammatory conditions and have issues healing!
Another reason we need to up the level of Omega-3 fatty acids in our diets is because of their amazing health benefits, especially when it comes to taking care of our insides. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll experience when you up your intake of Omega-3:
– Improves heart health
– Reduces hypertension
– Improves autoimmune diseases
– Reduces inflammation
– Reduces depression
– Improves vision
– Cancer prevention and support
– Reduces risk of osteoporosis
Making sure you get enough Omega-3 can be challenging. But now you can fill your little GoStak with delicious Omega-3 whole foods, take it anywhere, and get your fatty acid intake ratio balanced! Eat them as snacks (small amounts), put them in your dish for a little extra crunch, or enjoy them on the side.
I’d love to hear how you use your GoStak! Share in the comments below and let me know if you have questions!